Here is what you’ll need!
Mini Crème Brûlée Cheesecakes
Makes 12 cheesecakes
200 grams digestive biscuits
100 milliliters melted butter
400 grams cream cheese
50 grams sour cream
150 grams sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Crème Brûlée Topping
1 teaspoon sugar per cheesecake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°C.
2. Smash the digestives in a bag with a rolling pin until they become fine crumbs. Alternatively you can use a food processor.
3. Pour in a bowl and combine with the melted butter.
4. Distribute the biscuit base evenly into a greased cupcake tray. Each tray should be ¼ full with the biscuit base.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Prepare the cheesecake filling by whipping the cream cheese and sour cream together.
7. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
8. Remove cupcake tray from the oven and top each biscuit base with the filling.
9. Bake for 18 minutes and then allow to cool.
10. For the crème brûlée topping, scatter on a teaspoon of sugar over each cheesecake.
11. Ensure the sugar is evening distributed and any excess is knocked off.
12.Using a blow torch, carefully melt the sugar using swirling motions until bubbling and caramelized. Leave to cool for 2 minutes for the sugar to cool and harden.
This story originaly published at http://www.foodandwinebuzz.com/recipe/mini-creme-brulee-cheesecakes/